Pan-cooked Pizza

5:30 PM


Making up pizza is not new to me.  Back in college, I used to work part-time in a pizza restaurant. It was a good experience being involve in the proper preparation of something even for a short period of time. It's been a long time I stopped doing it and I miss it! So I did it again. But this time, I had to cook it in a pan since I don't own an oven. Let's find out how it turned out.
Here are the steps:

1. Prepare the dough. I am fortunate enough to own a bread maker. A friend of mine gave it to me few years ago as a wedding gift. For this pizza, we used that machine to make a dough for the first time. We just followed the needed ingredients and instructions in the manual and it turned out well! 
  
Roll out the dough using the rolling pin.

2. Heat the cooking pan.  Start by cooking the crust by itself on high heat then add olive oil. Cook your dough for about 2 minutes on one side or until the crust is already golden brown. Flip it and spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into the center of the pizza, slowly spreading it until you reach about half an inch from the edge.

3. Add your toppings. Cheese, mushroom, onions, pork salami, pineapple or whatever you like.  Turn the heat into medium low, cover the pan and cook the pizza for about 5-6 minutes or according to your liking! 

4. Remove from pan. Slice and serve hot.

And there you have it, our pan-cooked pizza. Hope you can try it too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images